You may never make a program with a shell script. shell script does not like perl, because perl is very flexible to use, with the perl program, we can make a match that we want.
Perl (Practical extraction and Report Language) is created by Larry Wall. Perl is a compiler language interpreters at a time similar to java, perl can detect any line to find the syntax error before the program is run.
many people use Perl for the development of the home combined with CGI. a lot of software that was developed in the Internet and the primary language is the use of perl, for example one that is MRTG (software monitors internet traffic). perl programmers can learn quickly, because perl is similar to the C language, for example, a “;” at the end of the command.
Perl itself is a program created specifically for UNIX. However, for users 95 and windows NT windows can still use Perl for Win32 as activePerl (according to the name of the web address for Win32 Perl is. Active Perl made after Perl 5 version for Unix distributed.
WHY NEED PERL?
Operating systems supported
* Perl from Unix systems started as a system administration.
* Perl work on Macintosh machines – see The MacPerl Pages on http://www.macperl.com/ and
* Perl is also working on the Microsoft-based machines – see ActiveState Tools Corp. at http://www.activestate.com/.
Featured basic Perl
* Perl take features from other programming languages such as C, awk, sed, sh, and BASIC.
* Perl also runs with third-party databases such as Oracle, Sybase, postgres, and the other through the abstract database interface called dBi.
* Perl can work with HTML, XML, and mark-up languages other.
* Perl has Unicode support.
* Perl is and will always be Y2K compliant.
* Perl supports procedural and object-oriented programming.
* Perl can berantarmuka library-library with C / C + + XS through external or SWIG.
* It will support development of Java-Perl Lingo (JPL)
Perl was developed by perl5porters or for short p5p this is open source,. Perl 5 is very extensible and has more than 400 third party modules available on the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN). addition, the perl (the interpreter of Perl) can be embed in the system to another.
Perl is the most popular programming language for web perl for web features with text manipulation and with the rapid development cycle, Perl known as “the duct-tape of the internet”. CGI.pm is the standard distribution of Perl CGI.pm Perl.Modul create a HTML form handling so much easier. addition, Perl is also capable of handling encrypted Web transactions, including for the purpose of e-commerce.Perl can embed in web server to speed prosesing to 2000%. View http://perl.apache.org, Apache web server to use mod_perl to embed the Perl interpreter, Netscape web server nsapi_perl can use to embed the Perl interpreter, and use the Perl package dBi, web-database integration becomes easier.